Need a Translation? Select Your Language Below

March 18, 2013

Gone Surfing, Bells Beach Australia



"GONE SURFING"











"HOW BEAUTIFUL"








"LIFE IS GOOD"




Ride a wave at Bells Beach, located near Torquay on the coast of Victoria in the beautiful Great Ocean Road region. Bells Beach is the home of the world's longest-running surfing competition – the Rip Curl Pro Surf & Music Festival. If you head out to Bells Beach over the Easter weekend you will be able to watch the world's best surfers carve up the Waves at the Rip Curl Pro Surfing Competition, the oldest professional surfing contest in the world. "Bells Beach is one of the finest sites in the world for large crowds gathering to watch the best professional surfboard riders in the world competing for the famous Bell's trophy and thousands of dollars in prizes!" As you saw above in the photos...the high cliffs provide a dramatic backdrop to the natural "amphitheater" of the beach ad large swells from the Southern Ocean create an outstanding surf!


Well, I think it's safe to say that Anthony and I won't be participating in this Easter's surfing competition as we aren't quite "professionals"! What I am excited to tell you is about our amazing experience of surfing! It felt like a movie... as I paddled out the surf board into the beautiful blue ocean and waited to catch a wave I was able to absorb the beautify of the world around me. Am I really in the deep waters of Australia?! I felt fearless and it amazes me that every new place we go to is still breath-taking and unique!


This was a great way to spend Anthony's birthday trip, as he was the one catching every wave! My favorite part, we both laugh about, is the instructor asking him if he is really sure he has never surfed before! Wow, what a sight it was to see the smile on Anthony's face every time he got up on a wave! Sadly, I have to admit that Anthony takes the trophy for this sport as it took much more effort for me. Luckily we have almost everyday to enjoy this new sport of ours. Who thought we would pick up surfing, and be doing it in the waves of Australia?! Enjoy the pictures, we sure had a fun time surfing for them!


G'day Mate,


Nicole

1 comment:

  1. Hooray for Anthony!!! He should be very proud of his surfing abilities.
    He looks like a Pro - Love especially the very first photo.

    And of course his smiling face in the ones taken afterwards says it all --
    "I did it! Mission accomplished! "

    Love to both,
    Baba

    ReplyDelete