Need a Translation? Select Your Language Below

March 21, 2013

MELBOURNE- THE CITY OF COFFEE, AUSTRALIA













"OUR FAVORITE SPOT!"


Melbourne is the coffee capital of Australia. In the city's center, the cobblestoned lane ways are filled with the aroma of coffee coming from the cafes. In these street-side and hole-in-the wall cafes, Melbourne's inner city villages find a wealth of places to sip on delicious coffee. Many coffee shops are found in Richmond, St. Kilda, Fitzroy, South Melbourne and Prahan. Throughout this wonderful city locals order "flat whites and lattes- announced with that characteristic Australian drawl." Coffee is everywhere! "From ethnic hoods to trendy tram-side haunts, cups of espresso and frothed milk come with a cultural flavor." It was a funny experience for Anthony and I when we found a little ally-way. We found an amazing looking cafe, and I asked if they served cappuccinos. First the man laughed at me, and then went on to ask if I knew where I was. Without having time to respond he said, "of course we have cappuccinos, we only serve the best coffee in the world… hello we are Melbourne!" Wow, am I enjoying all this coffee tasting. I have been drinking coffee to my hearts content.

I LOVE MELBOURNE'S COFFEE CULTURE!




Cheers,

Nicole

3 comments:

  1. Love this page! Maybe it's because I love coffee.
    Don't you agree that the way it is served also contributes to an amazing experience? I believe that it definitely boosts up your drinking experience and the perceived enjoyment from your coffee.

    No Cuban coffee in Melbourne? And cortaditos? :)

    Besitos,
    Baba

    ReplyDelete
  2. These all look delicious!! I see that starbucks was replaced haha those must be sooo much better than your nonfat caramel macchiato!!! Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kicks Lab

    Caribou Coffee is one of my personal favorites when it comes to coffee shops. The nice thing is, they also offer ground blends to take home and brew as well. In the meantime, if you're looking to pop in and order a gourmet coffee drink at Caribou (besides black coffee), here are some low cal choices.

    ReplyDelete