Need a Translation? Select Your Language Below

February 21, 2013

Tasmania, Australia

-TASMANIA-

RUNNING THROUGH TASMANIA

-AUSTRALIA-

"OUR RUN"

"Tasmania with our Hand Prints"







"The Old Antique Shop Where We Ate Lunch"
"Our View"


"Welcome Aboard"

"Delicious Cappuccino" 



GOOD DAY MATE!

Well, we have been off in our adventures in Tasmania, Australia.  What a beautiful Island Tasmania is from its culture to its people, from its beaches to its mountains, from its penguins to its kangaroos!!!  Tasmania is an island that I can simple put as, "incredible."  

Once our flight landed, we started our adventures by driving up the East Coast from Hobart, Tasmania.  Along the way we surprised to be greeted by a Wallaby (a small Kangaroo ), who jumped right in front of our car!  I can honestly tell you that although I have had many of these moments, I felt like I was in a movie.  Did we really just see a real Kangaroo while we were driving on the dirt roads of Australia!?  How did we end up in such a magnificent place?!?!  

After a few hours of driving we arrived at our ocean villa in Swansea, Tasmania where we decided to go jogging and explore along the coast!  Along the run we were awe-struck as we saw the mountains in the distance, the turqouise blue water, and the seals "vegging-out" (as my mom likes to say lol) on the rocks. 

Along our path we found a little cove, and decided to leave our mark on it forever!  We made a heart and wrote "Tas" (as I explained in my previous blog, Tas is the formal abbreviation for Tasmania), and left the imprints of our hands in the heart!

One of my favorite parts of today was the antique shop, where we ate lunch at! The locals recommended we try the "Old Antique Shop" where they make lunch, prepare delicious coffee, and sell antique items. This isn't any ordinary restaurant … instead it is a little cottage on the water where a man and his wife live. They converted a spare room on the side of their house into their "passion" room where they serve lunch, prepare coffee, and sell antiques! It was an extremely unique experience as we got to exchange life stories with the locals.

ENJOY THE PICTURES AS THE BEST ARE YET TO COME!

P.S. Wifi has been low so we are a little behind on our posting.  Well if you want a sneak peek into the next blog…. we PLAYED AND FED KANGAROOS!


Stay Posted,

Nicole


CHEERS! LIFE IS GOOD!


4 comments:

  1. I'm very happy you 're enjoying your adventure in "TAS". The heart with your handprints was a very good idea. I like the antique "restaurant" also. Was food good? Keep having fun and feeding the Kangaroos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful place! A lovely chapter in your Nemo's Great Adventure. I am sure that it was very exciting the encounter with the small Kangaroo. It seems that they are very friendly --that's the way it looks in the photo with him that you sent.
    The idea of making the heart was very special.
    I would have enjoyed the Old Antique Shop a lot, and I bet the food was really good as it was recommended by the locals. And of course...another delicious cup of coffee.


    Life is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like my kind of place. I am so happy you keep running as I know it makes you happy! What beautiful and different runs you have had...I love the picture of the antique window looking out at the water. How cool that you have encountered the kangaroos and you know how much I love seals, so I'm jealous. I bet I would love the kangaroos as well! I guess all these years you have actually listened to all my "corny" sayings! Love that you remember them... Now I will be "vegging-out" on this side of the world as I am tired. LOL Can't wait to see more postings! I love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All I can say every chapter is more beautiful,Every scenery is more beautiful than the one before.I need to join you and Anthony.Any room at the Inn?love to you both,Oma

    ReplyDelete