Need a Translation? Select Your Language Below

June 20, 2013

THE LOCAL UBUD EXPERIENCE, BALI



It's Time To Barter
- Love This Town -





























I Am Writing To You From The Little Town of Ubud

As I stepped onto the center of Ubud Town I was overfilled with excitement, but all of a sudden overwhelmed by my unfamiliar surroundings of Asia, yet alone Indonesia. The artictecturhe, the language, and even the markets were completely foreign. I was in an entirely new culture, extremly different from my own American/Hispanic one. There were no more familiar … Hey (from Miami), G'day Mates (from Australia), No Worries (from New Zealand) or Bulas (from FIJI). There Anthony and I were, standing in the center of Bali's most cultural city … completely and certainty foreign. It felt as if the words 'Americans' were written all over our faces since we were in for such a culture shock, only until we walked and realized we have fallen in LOVE with this town. YES, we have fallen in love with every aspect of Bali. Without a hint of hesitation in our responses, we love Ubud, Bali. As we were walking through the streets, later that afternoon, we both agreed that despite its foreign culture, we see ourselves living here. The ambiance is delightful, and the world peaceful does not begin to give it justice. The 'Bali Vibe' of peace and tranquility are present among every aspect of Indonesia … from its temples to its way of life.


So there we were, ready to take in as much of this town as possible. I especially, was ready to add more items to our collection of items from around the world. Now this is something I am, glad to admit, great at accomplishing. I was ready to BARTER my way through this town. Bali's currency, known as Rhuppie, is worth much less than the U.S. dollar. For example, $1, 000, 000 (million) Rhuppie Dollars is worth $100 (hundred) US Dollars. Anthony and I were ready to take home some memorable items from Bali … and we succeeded. By the end of the day our mission was accomplished, and we cannot wait to show everyone back home our latest additions from Bali, Indonesia to the collection.


Our Newest Additions From Bali,

Nicole & Anthony

3 comments:

  1. I'm learning a lot about Bali today reading your posts! You look great and I can't wait to see everything you bought!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoy the photos of this adorable town. One thing I love is that "peace and tranquility" that you describe, unfortunately so much unknown in today's America. I am so glad that you got a taste of it. Surely this experience will make a positive impact in your future life.

    Much love and blessings,
    Baba

    PS. Amazing! Starbuck's Coffee?

    ReplyDelete
  3. How amazingly peaceful! I am glad you went to experience this... You are so ahead of the game to be able to incorporate this in your everyday life!!! I will certainly have to learn from you!!!

    ReplyDelete